Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL



I am starting to think that light at the end of the tunnel really is an oncoming train.  There are so many details to attend to in this stretch that my head is swimming.  With the number of tasks and people to coordinate, how could this possibly be a one person job?

~Light fixtures - cleaned, wired, on site
~Old hardware - cleaned, labeled, on site, installed 
~New hardware - located, selected, purchased, occasionally returned and reordered, installed
~Paint colors - coordinated, chosen, "approved",  labeled on walls
~Trim materials - bought or repaired, painted, on site
~Counter top - material chosen, slab selected, appliance or specs on site
~Tile - back splash designed, color selected, tile ordered 
~Replacement glass - totaled, measured, ordered, picked up, pointed, repeated when miscalculated
~Cleaning - sweep up, clean out house for floor refinishers
~Historic Restoration paperwork - gather and submit requested materials and photos
~Misc. - measure, purchase, install shelving material in closets

.....This in addition to packing up the Warren Road house and most of whatever my life entailed Pre-Hawthorne house restoration. (What exactly was that?)

It is said that the devil is in the details.


Thankfully I am not alone in this project.  My husband and Donnie have separate lists of "To Do".  Coordinating, scheduling, supervising, placating and sometimes firing subcontractors being the tip of the iceberg for them.


Whatever made me think a trip to Cape Cod this summer was sane I'll not know.  I've been informed that Cape Cod is not going anywhere and it will be there in 2013 when this monstrous project is behind me.  (love & xoxoxox to B & R for their understanding) 

No comments: