Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

COLORS

   I have almost always enjoyed choosing paint colors for my home.  In fact, to this date, I have even been the one to do the painting of the rooms.  The year I was pregnant is one exception as I, somewhat reluctantly, had my husband take over the job of painting the baby's room.  I get a kick out of shuffling through paint samples and envisioning our furniture and art in newly colored spaces.

    Right now I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with choosing colors for an entire house all at once.   There is so much to take into consideration....furniture, artwork, light (or lack thereof), flooring, fabrics, other's opinions....
Did I say overwhelming?

    Yesterday evening I made a dent in the paint choosing task.  I packed into my car 4-5 major pieces of artwork, color samples, several fabric swatches and a photo album of furniture.  In addition, I packed a cooler with a bottle of chilling wine and diet Coke.  Billye and I headed to Hawthorne Avenue, ready for inspiration.



    A good friend met me at the house.  We walked around the house, chatted, perused color samples, had a drink, listened to some tunes, and caught up.  I thoroughly enjoyed her company and value her color opinions.  When I told my brother my proposed plans for this evening he said to be sure to take a sober look at any color decisions before telling the painters my choices.  No major decisions were made but groundwork laid.

Here is the entryway .... the view from the front door.  Any suggestions?
I welcome them all.

The room to the right is the dining room, straight back is the kitchen,
and all the way back is the new family room addition






No comments: