Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

AT THE REQUESTOF SOME

    At the request of some of my friends and blog followers, I am going to peck out a few more entries to this blog.

    Since I stopped posting on a regular basis some time ago, there has been progress on our house and, more notably, our yard.  For close to 2 years I put down my power tools and picked up my shovel and mattock, rake and pitchfork.


Hardscape was added and our antique brick got new life as colums and a circular planter.




The only plant life worthy of salvaging were the azaleas, the magnificent Magnolias, 2 tremendous maples, an old pecan tree, a very large holly and, of course, the bamboo!

 
    Heavy equipment took out years of brush and weeds, and I designed some curves into the landscape to soften the squareness of the large patio/basketball court.





My daughter and I tote water to the garden behind the garage,
at least until we get the rainbarrels connected.

My son gifted me with yardwork last Mother's day. This included
digging out the original but long neglected pond in the back yard.

 All this happened 1 1/2 years ago.  I've been digging and planting ever since.  Good thing I love it so much!  We now have grass and loads of plantings.

There is more to come.  Keep an eye out for more recent photos and coments.

No comments: