Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

CUSTOM SHELVING

     For a month I have had the lumber and intentions of building shelving in the butler's pantry.  As far as I got was the lower shelf and the counter.

The counter is made by joining two 2 x 8 boards

The counter is leveled and squared with the wall

The counter is attached with my trusty nail gun

This past weekend Donnie and I worked to complete the pantry.  Sawing, squaring, routing, nailing, gluing, and screwing.....

We build the shelving from several 1 x 12's




1/2 way there

 In place and trimmed, the shelving awaits painting






2 comments:

Lan said...

What a great work. I really love your custom shelving that looks awesome. What color do you use to paint for the shelving. I would like to follow this "DIY" style for my home shelves.

Lynn said...

It looks great! Good color, good height, and carpentered well. I think I'm gonna make it mine like yours. Thank your for your detailed pictures and sharing!