Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

CUTTING CURVES

    So many cracked window panes in need of replacement.....

I set up a work station and gathered my tools to tackle a job of which I am a bit leery.  I have not cut curves in glass for several years and have never cut pieces as large as what must be done for these quarter round windows.


The window required cleaning first. 
 Paint clouded the glass but the remaining undamaged panes were
 readily cleaned with acetone and a rag.


The old glaze practically fell out on its own with a minimal amount of scraping.




Cleaned and primed it was time to cut.


With more luck than skill I got the curve on the first attempt.  (Heavy sigh of relief.)


The window joins the others that have been repaired,
 awaiting priming, glazing and 2 topcoats of paint.



No comments: