Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

GORILLA GLUE

   I am a confirmed fan of Gorilla Glue.  We have used it here on Hawthorne Avenue to repair numerous things.  Most recent repairs include a split stair tread on the back stairs and this splintered mantle.  Check out what I did...

Locate and clean out area to be repaired

Spray on water to dampen area to be glued

Apply glue

Clamp

Allow glue to work.  It will foam up and dry solid.

Cut away dried foam and sand


Ready to receive paint


TAH - DAHHHHH!  After all that, I have a viable surface on which to paint.   And I thought I was going to have to dismantle the mantle (ha ha) and replace the entire piece of wood to make the repair.  High praise for "Gorilla Glue". 

***Stay tuned to learn of Wallace's favorite repair adhesive.





No comments: