Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WARMS MY HEART

    Understandably, a project such as this restoration is not for most people.  The fact that I began blogging the journey is due to my niece and my son telling me how easy it is to do. Had you asked me 2 years ago what I thought about blogs in general I would have poo-pooed them, but today I sing another tune.  Much of my family is out of town and cannot see our project first hand on any regular basis so they keep up via my blog entries. 


    A pleasant bonus of journaling the restoration has been all the lovely and encouraging comments I have received from several of my readers.  Particularly special are the comments liking me to my paternal grandfather who passed away 22 years ago.  You see, while I always adored my grandfather, I never saw that we had a single thing in common.


"You are so your grandfather."


Your Grandfather's "favorite pastime in Richmond was going to Caravati's.  Mr. Caravati was living at the time."


Warms my heart.





I miss you Granddaddy!



1 comment:

A Girl Named Leney said...

I like this post:) And I've loved watching the progress of this project. Glad I was able to encourage you to document it in this way!
Can't wait for the house to be all finished.
Get ready cause I'm totally moving into the new studio.... ;)

Love, Leney