Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

SERENITY

    The intent when creating and outfitting my studio, be it here on Warren Road or over on Hawthorne Avenue, has been to establish a space which evokes both creativity and serenity for me.

Warren Road studio
Organized chaos at Warren Road .... Aunt Carlie's Craft Camp in session



   My studio is an ever changing space as new projects begin and end and, on occasion, go on and on as has my infamous unfinished painting "Road Trip".




Recycled porch ceiling as bench front



  As my studio here on Hawthorne takes shape,  my thoughts have been 'bring in the light', 'retain the character and charm of this old house', 'maximize work space and storage', and 'keep it comfortable and creative'.
                                                                   


A glimpse through a skylite 

Two weeks ago I took a trip to a local gallery with my studio's side-lights.  I worked to clean them up back in January and decided I wanted to replace the broken and missing glass with colored glass.


Three original panes of hammered glass remain

What Beth and Jeanie at Laurel Gallery helped me come up with is perfect.....for me.


Once this is all painted and installed,  a sunny afternoon in my studio will surely put a smile on my face as light moves through the colored glass.



No comments: