Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A ROOM FILLED WITH MEMORIES AND LOVE


One of my favorite features of my house on Warren Road where I live now is my studio.

     
 I designed it, had it built, 



painted it, decorated it,


 furnished it,


 and stocked it with art tools and supplies. 


















 It is a place that is 100% me.


   I've sewn, soldered, and sung there.  I have decoupaged, danced and drilled there.  I have painted and printed, felted and carved, and even knitted and napped there.
   Over the past 7 years, I have enjoyed this space both alone and with numerous very special artists.







    For me, my studio is a place which causes a noticeable drop in my stress level simply by crossing its threshold.  Perhaps it is the lingering scent of fresh paint.  Maybe it is the peaceful feeling of being surrounded by calming colors and sentimental objects.   Perhaps it is the mere anticipation of allowing my creativity to flow.  Whatever my Warren Road studio has, I am attempting to transform this 3rd floor attic space on Hawthorne Avenue into my future haven of inspiration and imagination.

    Stay posted for more recent studio transformations, and, when the transformation is finished, all my favorite artists are invited to join me there to create fabulous works and to fill it with unforgettable memories!

5 comments:

A Girl Named Leney said...

I miss the studio....

Anonymous said...

Hi Carlie! I was happy to find this blog and see your wonderful studio -(thanks to your mom). It looks like a fabulous space and one that is used with great results! Looking forward to seeing the progress of your recent work, too.
Hope you and yours are well; if you are ever in our neighborhood (lower Eastern Shore) come and see us! I'll show you our studio- though it's not as colorful and cozy as yours! :)
Take Care!
MK

Carlie said...

And the studio misses you! ACCCamp FOR SURE this summer! NO excuses.
LYL <3

Carlie said...

And perhaps next you are in Richmond you can come be creative with me and my mom in my new space. Follow this blog and see the transformation!

Carlie said...

So MK...I feel SO silly because I replied to your comment as if you were one of my mom's childhood girlfriends (That is who I thought "Anonymous" was and I thought the "MK" was a typo) ! Now with my bearings straight...I have followed your creativeness (via parents) for years. I am sure your studio is impressive. I do not know what I would do without an outlet for creativity. I've been fortunate to have a space all my own. I've missed my art studio now for a year because that is how long we have owned this old house we are resurrecting. Many people believe Wallace and me to be slightly off our rockers for taking on this gargantuan project and truly just don't get WHY we chose this path. But I can honestly say this past year has been some of the most fun I have ever had. A real learning and bonding experience. I would not trade it. Be well. Keep in touch!