Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

CHIMES RING NOEL

    Today, as the morning slowly begins (or rather as I slowly approach the morning) I hear the nearby church chimes ringing out "Noel".  One thing I will sorely miss when we leave Warren Road is the sound of the chimes from the church adjacent to our property ringing out hymns and seasonal tunes.  Whatever the weather or season or day,  the chimes ring out at 9AM , 12PM, and 6PM for about 5 minutes.  For Memorial week the chimes remind us to reflect and remember those serving in our military by ringing the hymns of each military branch.  For at least 2 weeks each December, we hear "We 3 Kings", "Joy to the World", "What Child is This", "Silent Night" and more.  "How Great Thou Art" and "Amazing Grace" are regular hymns every other time of the year.  Today will be the last I hear the Christmas hymns for another year, but I look forward to hearing the chimes every day for months to come.
   

No comments: