Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN, JIGGETY-JOG


    We've just returned from a 4 day trip from Warren Road to Chicago and back in order to pick up some vintage lighting and furniture we had purchased for this Hawthorne house.

Stopping in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to eat

Staying overnight in Elkhard, Indiana

Eating in some diners and dives

Perusing some salvage shops


    I have to say my favorite parts of the trip were being with my husband and daughter,  watching Billye swim for the first time without her life jacket (she was SO VERY proud of herself), stopping on the way home to see our son (he is living away from home for the first time and we miss him), and seeing my husband be so eager to return home to check on the foundling kitten we'd left behind.  The kitten, however, was none too excited to meet our dog for the first time!    


2 comments:

A Girl Named Leney said...

Oh my stars. It is so PRECIOUS.
I am going to completely disregard my allergy and cuddle with it.

Anonymous said...

Thrilled you are blogging about the Hawthorne experience! Can't wait to hear about all your cool finds from PN. Loved that Billye swam by herself--Miss Independent!!! Have you named the kitten??? You can definitely tell who is going to be "top dog." -Julie